Re: [OM] John Hermanson intro for the OM newbies

Subject: Re: [OM] John Hermanson intro for the OM newbies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:40:23 -0400
I've never used softboxes at an event either.  What I did do was use 2-4
of my Alien Bee B800s (depending on room size) angled to spray as much
light as possible and as evenly as possible into the room.  They might
have diffusers attached if the room was small or bounced off the ceiling
if possible for large areas.  The camera did have a camera mounted flash
attached (sometimes even two) but at that point it was essentially fill
light, not the main illumination.

Defeating the inverse square law is always difficult but is always
easier with more lights and a long shutter drag.

Dr. Flash