Re: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:04:10 -0500
> So tell me, what do you prefer? The first picture or the second one :) Be
> honest! It took me a while but there is a huge difference.

It depends on the application. If this was a portrait or wedding, I would
leave the nose intact. She knows what she looks like in the mirror every
morning. If you get too aggresive in adjustments, it won't be quite right.
There is a difference between taking 10 years off of someone and turning
them into another whole person.

But, what I might do is adjust the contrast and shadows some to minimize the
nose shape. Actually, I would probably work harder on the posing and
lighting.

For the application for why you took the photograph, I'm good with the
surgury. Between it and the sepia toning, the modified image sings.

This is always going to be one of those sensitive areas. When I do
portraiture and there is a skin blemish of some form (mole, birthmark) I ask
what level of editing they desire. I'll usually present both options, but
more often than not they want me to leave them in. It's who they are. If
they want it gone, it's usually because they are planning on having it
surgically removed.

It is more common to have tatoos cloned out.

AG