Re: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:58:14 -0500
> I, however, find it
> somewhat offensive that you would feel the need to recreate this
> stranger's perfectly fine nose.

I'd say it's fine. He's obviously not going to sell a photo to her.

For my own personal pleasure, I take landscape photographs. Sometimes
I sell one, but mostly they are for pleasure. Does that stop me from
editing? Nope! I'll clone out things I don't like in the
photograph--power poles, trash and a misplaced tree-branch. Is it any
different for me to edit a landscape shot than it is for David to edit
a nose on a street photography shot? Both are strictly for personal
gratification. No commercial interests involved.

I'm a fan of Norman Rockwell. He used photography as part of his
illustrating process. That's why his paintings were so realistic is
because he used guide prints. Did he do corrective surgury on his
subjects? Oh, yeah. For sure.

AG