[OM] I need your ideas and suggestions

Subject: [OM] I need your ideas and suggestions
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:14:34 -0400
Hi,

A singer from NY needs to create some pictures for his album and he would
like me to take pictures for his album. I recently show him my portfolio and
he seems to be interested in my work. This is basically what he has told me:

Hello David!

*Thanks so much for connecting with me!
My apologies for taking so long to get back to you.
CMJ Music and Film Festival has been all week and I have had a couple shows.
Your photographs are lovely! "
http://zuiko.smugmug.com/Art/Best-photographs/17484307_stkks5#1172393202_tJosL";
I especially like the tender moments that you seem to so effortlessly
catch between 2 beings - like, the man and woman laying down and the girl on
the hammock with the dog...
I would love to connect with you regarding my upcoming record. I'm not sure
if it's entirely the right fit, but I am certainly open to it. If we do work
together I am imagining it might work best for the intention to be
'promotional shots' for the record - not necessarily actual album shot's.*
*
At the moment with the last minute cancellation from my other photographer
things have shifted a bit time-frame wise. It will be another week before I
figure out my schedule & need's. But just so I have a clearer sense of whee
you are coming from. What might your rates be for some promotional
photographs taken in NYC?*

I would like to know how much should I charge? I used to work in Spain and
they used to pay me by photograph. This time I have sold part of my
equipment and I guess I cannot take the pictures with my E-P1 and a M.Zuiko
14-42 or my E-1 and a 50 f2. I was planning to rent an E-5 with a Zuiko
Digital 12-60 (and use it with my 50 f2) or an E-P3 with a Leica 25 f1.4 and
45mm f1.8 but I guess these lenses aren´t still available. This is the only
place I know for renting. www.lensrentals.com

I guess he is not willing to pay too much because he has told me he hasn´t
got too much money. He isn´t famous at all but I also have to rent the
equipment so I will be very happy to hear your opinions, suggestions, etc...

Regards,

David Irisarri