Re: [OM] I'm back

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:07:23 +0800
Hi Michael,

Welcome back!

I understand there are many parents don't like the education system in Hong
Kong, I think the major complain is too strong competition. Less than 20
percent of high school student can enter university. On the other hand Hong
Kong's universities have rather high ranking in Asia or even around the
world.

I can't afford my children to study oversea, fortunately my two sons can
stay at Hong Kong for their university courses. My elder son got an early
admission to University of Hong Kong, without the need to go through A-level
exam. He had finished his double degree last year and is now working. My
young son almost follow his brother's route if he got a grade higher in
Chinese Language but his A-level result was fine and allowed him to enter
his first choice of Quantitative Finance and Risk Management in Chinese
University of HK and he will be graduated next year.

To me, I don't have much complain on the education system here. We never
push our children to study hard after high school but we did gave a quite
and comfortable environment for them to study. It was no fun, due to the
small house we had to speak in low voice and watch TV only when they were
not studying.

C.H.Ling