Re: [OM] I'm back

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:17:42 -0700
Color correction has been an important part of lens design since long
before there was color film.  Without color correction the colors of
light come to focus at different points... chromatic aberration.  It
affects B&W images as well as color... it's just not so obvious.
Achromats and even apochromats date from the mid 1700s.  The lens
technology and color correction were important to visual observation
through telescopes and binoculars first.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achromatic_lens>

Chuck Norcutt