Re: [OM] After the Sunset - An experiment in HDR with a spot meter

Subject: Re: [OM] After the Sunset - An experiment in HDR with a spot meter
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:39:56 -0400
See, you could have stopped there.

But you didn't. You went on to launch yet another attack, albeit at some
hypothetical digital enthusiast. (A less kind way to say it would be "your
digital straw man). But if you step outside yourself for a moment, and look
back at what you've said this time and in the past, and the way you've said it,
the two points of view sound a lot alike. Both, expressed this way, are equally
off-putting, and, frankly, sometimes downright offensive.

What I'm trying to say here, in a constructive and I hope not off-putting way,
is that there's no need to rationalize your love of OM and film over and over
and over and over and over and over. If you do, there's no need to include in
your expression a disrespecting of things digital. It is wholly possible, even
enjoyable, to love one thing without unloving another, or pointing out, however
indirectly, how "the other" is, in your opinion, flawed and inferior. Why waste
your time and energy composing comparisons when you could be spending that
energy making better images? You love film. Period. That's enough.

Respectfully,

--Bob