Re: [OM] After the Sunset - An experiment in HDR with a spot meter

Subject: Re: [OM] After the Sunset - An experiment in HDR with a spot meter
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 19:35:50 -0500
> What scares me is what I'm about to find out in a few hours. We also
> tested Ektar 100. I'm curious where that clips. :)

OK, film back from Walgreens. Had the low quality "PhotoCD" thingy
done since my scanner is 100 miles away. Would anybody care to guess
how THAT went?

How do I say this gently. I really don't want the Diginazis to jump
down my throat.

OK, here goes: Two stops under or three stops over, the normalized
(auto-exposure during scanning) images look nearly identical. There is
no clipping ANYWHERE.

Let me rephrase this another way - I have no clue what the limits are
because it's at least three stops better than the 5D on the top end
and who knows where on the bottom end. AND there is no color shifting
in the highlights.

Game over.

AG