Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:08:55 -0700
On 9/6/2011 6:59 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Way too much work. Just shoot a 9-exposure bracket at .7 stops and fling 'em
> again' the wall.<g>

But then you won't need to buy a Sekonic meter.

I think you are right. If shooting outdoors, by the time you take the readings
and calculate the number and details of
the exposures, the light has changed.

In the case of the mollusks that started this thread, small beams of bright
sunlight were moving across the end of the
log during the time I was shooting. The medium crop has a modest piece of
another shot, with the sun in a different
place, patched in where it was blown out.

A number of the images in that gallery were time limited illumination of
details by moving sunlight through the dense
foliage. A couple were missed when I couldn't react fast enough.

If you need HDR for a shot in those circumstances where I am so often shooting,
bracket quick and move on is a good
technique.

Moose