Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 15:35:19 -0700
On 9/4/2011 3:14 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> It is a good job of HDR since I wouldn't have known if you didn't tell
> me.

Excellent! That's exactly what I wanted, to take a subject/scene that can't
come close to being captured in one shot,
let alone displayed in a print or web image, and make it look natural.

I almost hesitate to show these. When you see them all together, the HDR
version doesn't seem to look as natural as it
does on its own. But in the interests of science ... :-)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/HDR_Slug_Love/Slug_Love.htm>

I could have used a -4 EV as well. Even -3 had some small blown highlights. But
I was too lazy to change modes. :-)

> I plan to try some HDR in PS CS5 soon. I have some 5-6 year old
> raw files that I had previously worked on manually to make HDR images.
> They are interior architectural images of our previous house which I
> shot for the on-line sales brochure.  I'm curious to see what CS5 will
> do with them and how easy or hard it will be.

After just trying it without any preparation, I recommend against that.
Dpreview has a useful multi-part tutorial in
process. <http://www.dpreview.com/articles/category/photo-techniques>

Part 4 is for some reason not in the index.
<http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4943962664/the-art-of-hdr-photography-part-4-hdr-workflow>

Moose