Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDR? [continues: IMG: Yin-Yang Love]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:21:31 -0400
I'm not Bob and I don't know what light meter he owns but I have no
hesitation in recommending the Sekonic L-358 seen here:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/221078-REG/Sekonic_401_358_L_358_Flash_Master_Meter.html>
The only thing it won't do is spot metering.  For that you need to spend
more than double
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/460371-REG/Sekonic_401_758_L_758DR_DigitalMaster_Flash_Meter.html>

Note the 275 owner reviews of the L-358 on The B&H site averaging 4.8
out of 5.  There are no ratings less than 4 except for two 1s.  Both
sound like defects out of the box.  One complains that his built-in
PocketWizard transmitter (extra cost option) has a range of only 3 feet.
  Mine has the optional PocketWizard transmitter as well.  I've never
tried it beyond about 30-40 feet but it has never failed to work.  But I
haven't had PocketWizards to work with for several years.  I'm using
Alien Bees stuff these days.

Since I'm a pretty dyed-in-the-wool shoot-to-the-right guy I don't make
much use of the meter these days except as a flash meter.  It is
invaluable for fill flash and for multi-light studio flash to balance
the lights and compute overall lighting.

Chuck Norcutt