Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:59:30 -0500
Piers,

Thanks for the link.  As an aeronautical engineer with a career in wind
tunnel testing, and as a civilian pilot, that was interesting reading.

I noted that the Company's actions did not make reference to the
recommendation of an AOA indication in the cockpit in view of the pilots.
Some other articles I have read recently have considered this to be a
worthwhile addition in many aircraft.  I have seen sensors on several
business jets, but have no idea how the data are used or displayed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA