Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:53:04 +0100
I'll wait for the final report of the enquiry team, Piers, but it sounds like a
classic case of an inexperienced pilot forgetting his elementary flying
training: signs of the approaching stall.  It's more difficult at night with a
fly-by-wire aircraft, but the principles remain important: high nose, controls
less effective, low speed, stall warner etc . . .  But I don't know what
cockpit indications they had.  Oh, and the weather won't have helped, of course.

And I think that the captain was away from the flight deck, or am I thinking of
another instance?

Chris