Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] Titanic, was More from the Airport
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:58:28 +0100
Thanks for the pointer, Chris. I am reminded of the developing explanation
for the loss of the AF Airbus over the Atlantic last year, whereby it
appears the flightdeck crew were battling to recover from what appeared to
be a dive from 39000 feet (huge amount of wind noise, but airspeed
indicators not working). The aircraft was actually stalled, falling flat
into the ocean. I can't imagine that it would have been easy to convince
anyone in those circumstances that the right thing to do is the opposite of
their instinct.

Piers