Re: [OM] Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:17:45 -0500
Sunspot cycles play a pretty big role in global climate too. We've just gone
through a substantially long and deep solar minimum. Now that the sun is
starting to wake up again, we'll see a revitalization of the warming trends.

Back when I was a pre-teen tyke, there was an engineer in our church, and
close friend of my dad, who worked for a major chemical company. His
specialty was in controling emissions. He built scale models and had years
of research to back up his claims and designs. His research was very evident
that when you remove the particulate matter from the smoke, the gasses
became debonded and were free to go up into the atmosphere. In the case of
CO2, he showed that the gas stayed in contact with the particulate until
coming in contact with a solvent--a solvent even as mild as water.

So, when the smoke is cleansed by a water or solvent method, the gas is
freed. If the smoke is allowed to disperse naturally, the particulate will
return to earth, some of it coming in contact with dry ground, other with
surface water. When in contact with surface water, the CO2 is absorbed into
the water. When in contact with the ground, raindrops and natural processes
will either absorb the CO2 into the ground or regenerate it into oxegen.

He predicted that with the use of any form of scrubber, either mechanical,
solvent or electrostatic, which caused the decoupling of the gasses from the
particulate, that the gasses would greatly increase in the atmosphere
unimpeded as the gasses do not absorb naturally into water particles unless
bonded to another particle. The gasses would not naturally cross the
membrane. He even presented these findings at hearings back in the early
'70s when new regulations were being debated. Of course, since he
represented one of the biggest chemical companies in the country, whatever
he said was totally dismissed. All that mattered was no visible black clouds
coming from the factories.

If you look at where the hockey-stick really took a turn, you'll see that it
coincides with the massive reduction in particulate emissions.

AG