Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 18:07:34 -0400
Try this instead.  It's only 5 minutes.  This is physics professor
Richard Muller of Berkeley talking about what has come to be known as
the "hockey stick" graph which was featured in the 2001 Third Assessment
Report of the IPCC and also in Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth"

Richard Muller, unlike many trusting academics, has actually read and
understood at least some of the ClimateGate emails.  He had been a firm
believer in the hockey stick and the data behind it.  That is, until he
understood the ClimateGate story and realized he had been had.  As you
can see from this short video he is not a happy camper and no longer
believes anything coming out of Phil Jones and the Climate Research Unit
at the University of East Anglia.  Likewise Michael Mann of the
University of Pennsylvania who is the "Mike" of "Mike's hide the decline
trick".

<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/03/18/you%E2%80%99re-not-allowed-to-do-this-in-science/>

The good good Viscount Monkton can be a bit tedious at times and it is
not advisable to get into an argument with him.  He can throw statistics
at you faster than you can duck.  Most of them will have some thread of
truth about them but, being a politician at heart, his truth is, like
Bill Clinton's, a bit bendable when it suits him.

However, I have actually read nearly all of the 1,000+ emails in the
Climategate dossier.  It is not a pretty picture as Professor Muller has
discovered for himself.

Chuck Norcutt