Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 16:49:39 +0100
Brian

As Chuck will attest, I don't agree with the climate-change sceptics, but
that's no reason not to listen to reasoned points of view.

And as Bob said, there is no doubt about climate change, the only doubt is how
it has been caused.  But for me the main problem is the excessive use of
natural resources and the ruin it is bringing to the planet.

Your inclusion of the link was to support your own particular prejudice about
climate change.  I think that it was ill-advised and it's not surprising that
you got the reaction you did.  Climate change is a reasonable subject for the
List if you come at it from a reasoned point of view; you don't, I believe.  I
understand your frustration about a monopoly in the news media, but for an
interviewer to spend time at the start of his interview engaged in a rant is to
me quite unprofessional.

As for whether Monckton would have been given a job advising Thatcher if he
didn't know what he was talking about, I'm afraid that you are naive if you
think that a qualification.  Thatcher had her agenda and she was probably going
to get someone to advise her who agreed with her -- by the end of her stint in
power, at least.

Chris