Re: [OM] Panny 20/1.7

Subject: Re: [OM] Panny 20/1.7
From: manuel viet <manuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:53:14 +0100
Le mercredi 02 février 2011 13:11:29, Brian Swale a écrit :
> Having read all the comments about this lens, I find myself wondering what
> photographic subject(s) would cause somebody to so exclusively use a
> 20mm lens?
>
> What are your typical subjects with this lens?
> (Don't all rush at once ! )

I don't use it exclusively, but there are pictures you certainly can't do
without it, or pictures that wouldn't look as good. But there are, too,
pictures you can't do with it, and it certainly feels more to me like a small
tele than a near wide angle. I'd really wish the same in 17mm. I know the Oly
one, but sadly it doesn't compete (although I still consider buying one).

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x2cFTZBqa48bt5VpbnVtKA?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/EUHwuUDH6Fd8TjgGZWYVDg?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_VafwlzcQRzmBRHdHPSzxQ?feat=directlink

More generally, the gallery of 3 month of daily photography (a PAD project) I
made at the beginning of last year, so you have comparison points :
http://picasaweb.google.com/manuel.viet0/OLYMPUSEP1?feat=directlink

Not that I consider all of them very good, but as all PAD projects, there are
high and low.

Cheers,

--
Manuel Viet