Re: [OM] Panny 20/1.7

Subject: Re: [OM] Panny 20/1.7
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:18:24 -0800
On 2/3/2011 7:45 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> . . .
> So, when it comes to things like Matrix Metering I do my own inventing. If I
> was the one inventing the system, what would it look like and what tricks
> would I put in it? Then I set down with the camera and see if it is doing
> the same thing. If not, why not? I try to get into the minds of the people
> who designed it. Each theory requires a test. Through a process of trial and
> error, I can almost always do a good job of reverse engineering just about
> anything. I had come up with a few conclusions and then had them confirmed
> through other means.

Oh man, that's a little creepy. :-)

All my life, people have asked me how I knew  . . .

Be it mechanical, electronic or computers, as I learn a system, I start to feel
how the designer(s) mind works, and thus
how the system 'thinks' underneath. Then I can make projections of how other
things in it will work.

Moose