Re: [OM] Cambridge Botanical Gardens

Subject: Re: [OM] Cambridge Botanical Gardens
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:14:26 -0000
I am in agreement with Chris (possibly on both counts), and find it amusing
that Moose has effectively done an effective HDR on this image, while
eschewing the HDR version of the Botanic Garden - and I agree with Moose on
both counts!  Even in thumbnail form, the Botanic Garden looks 'odd'.

But to veer off in tour guide mode, the bridge at Sutton is of more than
photogenic interest, for it is a scheduled "Ancient Monument", dating from
the 13th century, built to permit goods to be transported across the river
without the risk of water damage. The scale of the project (as I recall
there is a long causewayed approach) for the resources I assume were
available at the time is staggering! But I have also to assume that there
was sufficient traffic along the route to justify the tolls.

There is an image here which puts the need for the bridge into perspective -
not Brisbane, granted, but still plenty of water.

Piers