Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:06:23 -0700
It depends on what phone and plan you have, Chuck. It's pre-installed on
many current phones, and there are data plans that account for different
patterns of usage. If one intends using data at all, it's far better to add
a data plan than not, because of the pricing structure.

Re: text messages: It should be flat-out illegal for the cellular providers
to charge the recipient of a text message. I've never understood how that's
allowable, as the recipient has little or no control available from those
same providers over incoming texts.