Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:29:31 -0700
On 10/26/2010 10:15 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I have to disagree with you in these 2 instances, Scott.

> In Word, for instance, you have to keep closing windows with Alt-F4 until the
> blimmin' programme quits.  No doubt you will offer me alternatives (like the
> menu Exit)

That's not how Word works in windoze. I'm still back in Word '97, several
versions ago, and each document has it's own
sub-window within the app. In later versions, I believe they may be tabbed. In
any case, you may easily close the
program with one click or command.

It will, properly, ask you if you want to save each document that has been
altered since it was last saved.

If Word is acting as you describe under Windoze, something is set wrong.

> , but it's the way each programme acts differently that is strange with
> Winders.

That's the variety that's the spice of life. :-)

Yeah, there are a few that are very strange.

> But whenever I think of cursing Winders, I think of Moose's oft-repeated
> points: that it works for him.  So we have grown used to the UIs and made
> them work for us.

Awwww, you thought of me. :-D

Moose