Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:21:22 -0400
I have a story that places it squarely in the eyes of the beholder.
Quite a few years back when I was perhaps in my early 50s my wife and I
were exploring along the Outer Banks of North Carolina on the way to see
my daughter who lives further inland.  It was mid-morning and I spotted
a fast-food drive-in place and decided I'd like to stop and pick up a
cup of coffee.  I placed my order with a sweet young lady who must have
been about 16 or 17.  She delivered my coffee and I asked her the price.
  Her reply was "23 cents".  I was surprised since I had expected much
more than that and asked her to repeat the price.  It came back again as
"23 cents".  Then I inquired why it was so little.  I was floored when
the answer came back:  "Senior discount".
First time I'd ever been called a senior and I was not flattered.  But I
have since come to know and love the senior discount.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt