Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:34:47 +0200
Hi again,

Alright, a slightly quicker follow-up than I initially expected....

In your opinion, what would be better?

To go for two of the umbrellas shown on this page (possibly the
transparant one, or the "white reflecting" one):
http://www.qflash.nl/index.php?item=paraplu&action=page&group_id=18&lang=NL

...or for one of the light tents (if so, which?) shown here:
http://www.qflash.nl/index.php?item=product-fotografie&action=page&group_id=29&lang=NL

Prices look very decent! For some 30 Euros I should be done.

If there is no particular reason to prefer the one over the other, I'm
somewhat partial towards the lighttent, as that doesn't require
additional stands for the umbrellas. The advantage of the umbrellas,
OTOH, would be that they could also be used for taking family pictures
in a small home studio set-up...

What do you guys think will be best?
Also: either way you suggest, can you let me know which specific
choice you would make from the various umbrellas and/or light tents?

Note: the idea is to get very diffuse light, so there are no catch
lights visible on the (highly reflective!) brass items. In that
respect my git feeling says that perhaps the umbrellas are the better
choice, but maybe this is not so...
I'd certainly like to make the right choice, so I welcome any and all
suggestions... :P

Cheers,
Olafo