Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: Re: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:21:43 +0200
Hi Olaf,

I can advise to buy a lighttent. Works a charm with flashes. Should work just
as great outside in the sun or even on an overcast day. I always use it with
the two flashheads of my macro flash set lying on the top side of the tent. I
bought my lighttent for €30,- from our local "Marktplaats", which you will know
also. I never always use the manual flash settings, which I tested by exposing
a greycard. I concluded that with 1/8th of the power I have good exposure with
f=6.3. Leaves plenty DOF with the E-1 and E-3.

If you want even less shadow, buy a sheet of plexyglass or real glass that fits
inside the lighttent. Place it on some styropor blocks to lift it off the
bottom. Eventually you can even add a small slave flash under the tent.

Wiliam