Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:36:13 -0700
On 4/6/2010 4:15 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Moose,
>
> After listening Ken's experience, I did try out my Super Multi Coated Takumar
> 50/1.4 this morning, on my E-1.  My conclusion, without a really scientific
> approach, but using similar subjects, was that the Tak is nowhere
> near as sharp as my Leica-R lenses.  It does wonders with portraits, though,
> where sharpness is less desirable.

I've never had one myself. Nor am I likely to, given the prices they
fetch. I think it quite possible that either you have a poor copy or I
got the wrong model, as there are lots of folks who swear it's the best
50/1.4 ever made, and post images to illustrate it.

I don't much care, though, as the OM is quite good enough for me.

> I also noted that the bokeh of the Tak is not as nice as that which I get
> with Leica lenses.

Can't comment there, as my experience with Leica lenses is essentially
zero. I'm sure I've touched one a time or two, but never used one. I
just don't like them rangy-finder thingies. The XA is the only
exception. Its other virtues outweigh the RF ickiness. :-)

Moose