Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:37:18 +1000

> Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Sooooo, I suspect that the E-1 is also not an accurate instrument for
> measuring relative f-stops with MF lenses.
>
> Don't worry, take pictures.

Take a series of shots of a monotonous surface on the E-1 in manual mode as for
your metering test, load the images onto your computer and examine the
histograms.  If the centre of the histogram maintains the same position then
the marked apertures are accurate, otherwise you can probably estimate how bad
they are from how far the centre of the histogram shifts from image to image.
Of course this assumes that the shutter speeds in manual are accurate.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com