Re: [OM] Another mini adventure

Subject: Re: [OM] Another mini adventure
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:40:48 +1000
On 28 March 2010 13:48, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3/27/2010 6:21 AM, Marc Lawrence wrote:
>> If this was a post by Nathan I'd now be saying Alt# MG9226 is definitely my
>> favourite. I love that break in texture, and its placement. Nice.
>>

> Thanks! I love finding interesting textures. The setting was
> interesting, a boardwalk on a wild, windy point with iceplant on each
> side in the lee of the observation deck. On one side, a plain green
> variety and on the other this iceplant with subtle, variegated colors..
> The one open bloom was too perfect.

I've not heard the name "iceplant" before, but according to wikipedia
it may be something I've heard of as "pigface"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpobrotus_edulis

(I got to there from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_plant as the
above link talks about it specifically in California)

Going to your Monterey Carmel link, I liked this one very much:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Monterey_Carmel&image=_MG_9022ia.jpg>

but this one is particularly lovely:

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Monterey_Carmel&image=_MG_8961cria.jpg>

Cheers,