Re: [OM] Another mini adventure

Subject: Re: [OM] Another mini adventure
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:54:30 -0700
On 3/27/2010 10:25 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> It certainly looks like Eden, Moose.  I like the idea of a lone RV in the
> park, especially one with such a small footprint.

We're starting to get the hang of it. We like the idea of the small
footprint for the ability to go more places, as well as better fuel
mileage. The possible down side we were concerned about is that it's
small inside. So far, that's turning out fine. I can't quite stretch out
my 6 feet at the sides of the bed, but can in the center. It must be
comfortable, 'cause I slept straight through for over seven hours and
awoke felling refreshed.

The head is pretty small, but it works, anywhere, anytime! I'm not
seeing a darkroom set up in it, though. ;-)

The trickiest part has been learning to cook in such a tight "galley",
but I'm starting to get the hang of it, learning how to move without
upsetting something. The close-up pic of the RV is after our breakfast
of shallot and black forest ham omelettes with "toast" and OJ. With only
a small burner and a smaller one, no toaster and an American taste for
hot toast, I learned to fry bread. I very slightly undercooked the
omelette, put it on the plate in the small microwave, fried the bread in
the pan, warmed and finished the omelette in the microwave and presto! -
both hot and ready at the same time - all while the other ingredients
for the second omelette stayed hot in the other pan too small for the bread.

Travelin' Moose