Re: [OM] Another mini adventure

Subject: Re: [OM] Another mini adventure
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:58:53 -0700
On 3/27/2010 4:48 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Looks like a very nice and peaceful spot. I assume that's your new RV which
> you haven't mentioned since buying it that I can recall.

Yup, it mostly sat around for a while waiting for nicer weather. We did
take an earlier trip I haven't reported on until now; spending a few
days in the Monterey area and visiting the aquarium, the Pacific Grove
bay front and Point Lobos. You've seen a couple of images from that trip
and here are a handful more from the many I shot.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Monterey_Carmel>

> What's the stuff in the trees that looks a bit like spanish moss?

That question seems to come up whenever I post images of it. It is not
Spanish Moss <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_moss> , is most
likely a lichen. In the last thread on this topic, Scott Peden said:

"Usnea (Latin) aka 'Old Man's Beard' (just not as red as mine) is likely
the most common 'lichen' (Fungus and Algae growing in Symbiosis, NOT a
moss) in the world and probably gets called what ever is popular for the
area."

Just Trimmed My Beard Moose (Really, this morning)