Re: [OM] (OM) Famous zuiko for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Famous zuiko for sale
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 04:27:28 +1300
Ken wrote
> I added a sample photograph from the 35-80 to the Gary Reese lens review
> on the Zone-10 webite.
>
> To add a perspective to this... The photograph was taken with the E-1,
> which means that this is only 25% of the surface area of the full-frame
> 35mm frame!!!! I did resize to fit the screen, but only by about 50%. RAW
> converted in Olympus Studio, post-processed in Picture Window Pro for
> curves (stained glass window light and florescent interior lighting messed
> the white balance up). Mostly desaturated and pixel-sharpened to counter
> the AA filter.
>
> Not too shabby for the E-1, eh?

Lovely portrait, and sharp; but with a file comprising nearly 500kb, it
SHOULD be full of detail.

I agree with Nathan; if her right eye is examined with the magnifying glass of
FastStone, and even without it,  it seems to have a curve of reflective tiny
bubbles on it. I've never seen that kind of artifact in a pic before.

CRT monitor; Compaq Presario V410, which seems to have good colour
and detail. I'd prefer the larger Viewsonic  CRT monitor I bought for this
machine but there isn't space on my computer desk for two monitors; and I
have two computers sharing the same space.

Brian Swale.