Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 21:51:50 -0800
Rand E wrote:
>   I went from XP Pro to Win7 Pro 64 bit about a week ago.

I expect I'll go the same way as I have for ages, upgrading hardware and
software at the same time.I haven't done a full version upgrade of
Windoze since maybe 95 to 98. I did do a 98 to 98SE, but that's not the
same.

That strategy has done well by me, with minimal difficulties and always
a back-up computer with all the old stuff working on it, in case, and
until the new one is running all the apps and communicating with all the
hardware I want. Nice way to start clean without all those software bits
and pieces that accumulate on a machine of mine, and that I'm not sure
about. I install only those I'm sure of initially, then add others as I
encounter the need. It seems particularly appropriate when moving from
32 to 64 bit OS to have a fall back strategy for old hardware and drivers.

I suppose my next machine will be 64 bit, 4 core and 8 GB of RAM. Who
woulda thunk it?

Not for a bit yet, though.With Vista SP2 running well, and no monster
image files from a new DSLR to clog up PS as yet, it ain't broke.

Moose