Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:50:17 -0500
If one can transition from XP to Vista and then from Vista to Win7 then
it seems pretty clear that it can be done... even if not neatly.

It reminds me of the early days of the IBM System 360 when engineering
changes were coming hot and heavy on the circuit boards.  EC's were
implemented with deletes and jumper wires installed on pins.  If a board
was many levels down upgrading it sequentially through the various
levels might find 20 wires removed but 10 of them re-installed before
the end of the process.  People longed for software that would analyze
the adds and deletes through many levels of change and produce the "net
change list".  I don't think it ever happened.

But the hardware stuff is tedious and manual.  Maybe there's a net
change list for XP to Win7 as well but it wouldn't be worth it to trace
it out.  Just go for the brute force changes... still pretty fast at
software installation speeds.

Chuck Norcutt