Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 7 "upgrade", was: Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:07:20 -0500
  I went from XP Pro to Win7 Pro 64 bit about a week ago.  Doing that it
is fairly easy - all you have to do was a "Clean" install.
i.e., clean and format the system hard drive.  Which you should really
be doing anyway.  The surprise that I had, was that I was never
asked any info on my qualifying upgrade product.   I purchased a
"Upgrade"  to Win7 Pro.
  That being said, getting drivers for some things is downright
difficult.  Older flatbed scanner and the like.  I can't even get recent
32-bit drivers for some things,
 much less 64-bit drivers.  Programs that run in 64-bit haven't really
been an issue.  You load the prog and Win7 determines whether it's 32 or
64-bit and puts
 it in the proper program directory.
Rand E (still trying to learn how to do some things that were easy in XP)