Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us

Subject: Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:31:33 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> In my monitor I see the subtle graduation in the original image, I think Jim
> expected the larger image is more clearly shown.
>
> It might be a monitor problem, sometimes a simple calibration won't help. It
> is whether your monitor can resolve each adjacence step (i.e. differ between
> 200 and 201, 201 and 202....)

Ah well, I am working on a laptop 3,000 miles from home. It does indeed
profile fine, but you may well be right about subtle differentiation.
I'll try to discipline myself to be more careful when on the road. ;-)

> Your adjusted image doesn't look good on my monitor, the graduation is not
> smooth.

I would expect that, as JPEG compression, either by Jim or the LUG
gallery, means even less tonal data to work with.

Moose