Re: [OM] monitor calibration

Subject: Re: [OM] monitor calibration
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:25:11 +0800
I have a Spyder2Pro, the calibrated color is ok but the gamma is not right
and not consistant for different % of grey/color according to the test
below, while my five years old EIZO L568 is rather accurate for all % and
colors without any calibration so it is very clear which to trust.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gamma_calibration.php

If you are using LCD make sure the sharpen is set to '0' or neutral. My
son's cheap Samsung is almost unable to disable the sharpness, it doesn't
work well with the gamma pattern test chart.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/sharpness.php

Instead of searching for a good monitor calibration tool I will save for a
high-end EIZO.

C.H.Ling