Re: [OM] picasa vs iphoto

Subject: Re: [OM] picasa vs iphoto
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:32:54 +0100
Acer

I have never noticed iPhoto softening images, either RAW or JPG
files.  Do you allow the application to store the image files?  I keep
the files in my own storage system and merely use iPhoto to import the
ones I want to catalogue.

Picasa is a great tool for finding photos on a hard drive and it looks
good on the screen, but it is pretty poor at making shots better, in
my view.  There are fewer options for adjustment compared with iPhoto.

You might want to have a look a Aurora or LightZone from
LightCrafts.com ...

Chris