Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us

Subject: Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:01:42 -0400
Moose,

Tmax 400 negs (that's what I shot) can hold an amazing tonal range but
getting it all on paper is just not possible, and I do know what can be done
in the darkroom as I did that for 15 yrs. I could get a little better detail
with some doging and burning...these are straight prints, so to speak. I did
them quick to show what the camera was capable of. Scanning has let me get
more tonal range in the final file than I could ever get in the darkroom,
but I haven't gone to that trouble yet with these, I have 100 pages of
reading to finish by tomorrow for class, and its like that every day :( So,
the finished, good, version of these have gotta wait till school's over. I
have 120 rolls of film waiting to just be scanned now, I am that far behind
:( I scanned these just to show what I was doing with the M4 since Ken
mentioned that I had it (we're friends on facebook so he saw when I was
talking about it there). I carry a camera everywhere and make myself find
time to take pictures so that I don't forget that I am an artist and a
photographer, but school has gotten so demanding of my time that I never
have time to finish any of my images anymore. It sucks.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography