Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us

Subject: Re: [OM] Somebody is holding out on us
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:39:08 -0700
Jim Nichols wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> I should have pointed out that, in the LUG gallery, where this image resides,
> one must often click on the "double square" symbol at the top or bottom in
> order to see the image as it was uploaded. That improves the detail if the
> shot was not sized to come up initially in full size.

I wasn't referring to sharpness detail. When I refer to "tonal detail",
I am talking about the amount and distribution of brightness differences.

In this case, if you look at before and after, you will see that some
subtle graduation of highlights has replaced apparently pure white on
wings and body. Not much change, but it gives more sense of the body and
wing shapes.

Moose