Re: [OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:23:21 +0100
Wotcha need a car GPS for?

Read a map, prepare the journey, know where you're going and where
you've been.  Car-mounted satnavs (for the use of the driver) are a
dangerous distraction, almost as bad as a mobile phone, and smack of
an unwillingness to plan your way.

Caveats:

1.      Andrew Fildes is away and someone has to make his comments for him.
2.      This is aimed at all users of satnavs; I replied to Bill's email
merely out of convenvience.
3.      It's even more dangerous to use an iPhone with satnav as it keeps
switching the display to dim ...

:-)

Chris