Re: [OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:53:31 +0200
For geotagging your photos you wouldn't necessarily need a satnav. Of
course you can do it that way, and as a matter of fact I do it myself
with my handheld Garmin. But it is a lot of work, because of the three
conversions I have to make for my Garmin tracks to become .gpx-files
(needed by GPicSync)

I am now planning to by a small GPS datalogger, specially meant for
geotagging my images. And they do come for less, sometimes much less,
than $100.

Look here (in Macworld, of all places!:
http://www.macworld.com/article/135225/2008/10/geotagging.html

In particular the machine taking your camera SD cards and stamping the
locations/time data directly into the jpg-exifs is very appealing...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.