Re: [OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:50:35 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> It's time for me to get another handheld (pocket sized) GPS.

Ooh, I've been thinking about that, too. Naif that I am, when I heard
about software to geocode images based on their time stamp, I thought I
might be able to do that with my car GPS. Ha! Apparently only handhelds
can maintain a log of locations where they've been.

Then I took a look at handhelds and was put off by the prices. I paid
$100 for a refurb car GPS that works extremely well and includes the AAA
Travel Guide listings. It seems silly to buy another GPS that does
little that I need other than the log.

Moose