Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 22:01:37 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I haven't heard that name in a long time.  We used to have Mr. Peet's in Boca
> Raton, FL when I lived there but it wasn't in a convenient place.

I know I may go on a bit much about food and drink things that started
in my neighborhood. Still, Alfred Peet, an experienced Dutch coffee and
tea buyer for others, started roasting his own, hand picked coffees in a
little shop just around the corner from where the way we eat would
change after Alice Waters opened Chez Panisse a little later.

I loved it, as I was still forced to attend church across the street at
the LDS chapel. The amazing aroma of fresh coffee roasting wafting
across to the folks who banned coffee was fun for me. At first, he
agreed to avoid roasting on Sundays. Later, after I had escaped, I
noticed that Sunday roasting was back.

Moose