Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 20:22:06 -0700
There is an internet cafe here in town. Mostly used by gamers but I have
used it when I need to download a very large file. You get a direct T1
or T3 connection. e.g. makes Ubuntu a few minute download instead of
hours. Many folks around here are too far out for a good dsl connection.
There are a few free wifi spots which work for email but not much else.
(including my house if you knew where to hide)
What is extremely annoying is that the phone company keeps trying to get
me to upgrade my service for a premium price. They must know full well
that they couldn't possibly push those extra bits out my rusty wire.
Especially since the county keeps wacking up the pedestals with the
roadside mower and propping up the gnarled wreckage.

Mike