[OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:58:37 -0500
It's time for me to get another handheld (pocket sized) GPS. My Lowrance
croaked and I'm needing a replacement.  Minimum requirements is that it have
"moving map" display and WAAS.
As to displays, standard backlit (monochrome is fine) but a good clear
display without the backlight running is desirable.

Specific things I liked about my old one:
1. Moving Map with breadcrumbs. It had sufficient number of roads, highways,
lakes and terrain to be quite usable.  Of course, more is better, but I can
live without a lot.
2. Sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset moonphase screen.  Bearing to sun/moon
would be nice.

Specific things I didn't like about my old one:
1. Small screen. Almost unusable when backlit.
2. Poor acquisition. If the batteries were low, it wouldn't lock on at all.
3. WAAS performance was still poor and 10-15m was about as close as it ever
got and 20m accuracy was normal.
4. Didn't come with a 12V adaptor for car plugin
5. No serial cable for PC hookup.

Budget?  As close to that magical $100 mark as possible.  I'll gladly
entertain used units too.

AG