Re: [OM] Day One Redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Day One Redux
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:27:09 +1000
Usually mine are set to stay off until the flash is recharged - saves
on dark shots. Makes a handy indicator.
But some of the studio guys are anally retentive in the extreme and
don't want even the barest hint of warming from incandescents and
they are quite powerful in some units - 200W halogens for instance.
Strong enough to use as hot lights a well. They can make a difference
if you have the flash output turned down.
I must admit I turn the studio room lights off when shooting as they
are fluorescents. Just in case. I'v got window shutters too. I heard
of one guy who had everything painted black - the only light in the
room was going to be what he put there.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx