Re: [OM] Day One Redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Day One Redux
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:41:35 -0500

> The manager gave me complete freedom to do what I wanted as long as I
> didn't interfere with the activities of the staff who were preparing for
> another wedding.  I was also surprised to learn from her that, to her
> knowledge, no other photographer had come in as I did to set up lighting
> for a test... but I could tell that.  They had many publicity shots
> posted on the walls from prior weddings.  Most of the shots were not
> well lit and the best only fair.

I can see why.  I'm sure I would have probably called it a day with two
stand mounted 285HVs and an on-camera flash. Wouldn't have been as good, but
without a comparison picture, it would have been acceptable.

In all honesty, though, the even lighting throughout the room would not have
been my style.  I'd have lit it differently to focus attention more on the
group.  I might have even used color gels on lights not aimed at the people.

AG