Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:22:04 +0100
I first had a setup like yours, taking pictures along a ruler. And
yes, it was all macro with the 14-42/3.5-4.6 standard zoom lens which
was part of the E-400 kit.

Later I have learned that it was better to photograph plain newspaper
print from an angle which is about twenty degrees from horizontal. It
will give you a better feeling of the depth of field, which was my
primary concern when testing different lenses and macro converters.

BTW, my favorite macro converter is a lens which I unscrewed from an
Olympus slide copier (intended for copying slides or negatives to
digital). Its thread being 58mm it screws right onto my 14-42. Its
focal length is about 10cm.

Frank.