Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:28:40 -0500
At 12:02 PM 12/21/2008, WayneS wrote:

>I noticed the 5D mkII has an AF Microadjustment. It seems you can
>calibrate to your lenses.

Hi Wayne,

A number of new bodies from different manufacturers are being
released with the AF micro-adjustment feature that was pioneered by
Canon.  Among those are the E-30 from Olympus.  That's the reason I
speculated that the Olympus AF system is open loop like the
Canon.  The micro-adjustments can help correct for minor differences
in how various copies of a lens react to the AF instructions from the
camera body.  Of course Olympus always seeks to be different.  I've
read that the E-30 allows for different micro-adjustments for each focus point.

Later,
Johnny