Re: [OM] 420 deal

Subject: Re: [OM] 420 deal
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:02:15 +0800
A year ago, I never believe an AF camera can have focus problem. With what I
had understand how the AF works, it should never happen as long as the AF
sensing system is physically calibrated properly. But it do happen and all
the manufacturers admitted the problem and the newer camera bodies all come
with lens calibration table that users can test and setup his own data for
their lenses.

Even with the user table I doubt it can solve all the problem, my friend had
problem with his D200 and 70-200/2.8 VR, he sent the camera to N*kon service
center to ask for adjustment. The technician asked him if he would like to
calibrate for the short end or the long end! I think even the focusing
distance can make a different, if you cal. the lens at infinity the close
focus may not accurate too.

BTW, I found the error seems light source related, it further complicated
the issue.

On the other hand, the E-520 does not shown any focus problem with liveview
focusing but just too slow for any moving objects.

C.H.Ling